The key responsibilities for the Digital Design Manager role are the establishment and implementation of Digital Design standards, processes and procedures (including BIM) at our Urban Design Studio in Dubai, primarily in the Landscape Architecture Department, including coordination with Architecture and Master Planning; to replicate these processes in our satellite studios in Doha, Abu Dhabi, and elsewhere. The Digital Design Manager is required to support our project delivery teams and execute the day to day development of the Parsons “Digital Transformation” Roadmap as regards to the work of the Landscape Architecture Department in the Urban Design Studio of the Built Environment Sector. The Digital Design Manager will be responsible for the effective implementation and compliant adoption of BIM standards and Digital Design processes and protocols both at an organisation and projects level.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with landscape architects and designers to document site work designs for complex urban mixed-use projects in a full BIM environment. Initially, be primarily responsible for production of deliverables in BIM through hands-on training and management of existing designers and drafters and, if required, recommendation of hiring new production personnel.
2. Educate, mentor, and troubleshoot CAD drafters, 3D modelers , visualization technicians and junior designers to operate BIM tools productively and how to comply with internal and external requirements and expectations, including the Landscape Department’s ability to pass initial and annual BIM Level 2 certification audits and evaluations.
3. Represent and liaise with Parsons MEA BIM Management Office (BMO) to integrate policies and procedures for the “Digital Transformation” into the Landscape Architecture Department’s working methods. Implement these requirements by integrating them into our day-to-day work processes.
4. Participate and support the BIM Management Office (BMO) activities with the development and implementation of the MEA “Digital Transformation” Roadmap.
5. Serve as the Landscape Architecture Department Representative on the BMO, the Parsons governance body responsible to the MEA Engineering Steering Committee (ESC) to develop and maintain BIM standards and specification, i.e. EIR, BEP, etc., coordinate and manage the BIM certification process, coordinate and perform the delivery of training re: BIM standards process, workflows, tools, etc.
6. Provide progress and performance updates on fortnightly and monthly basis e.g. Clients and Leads etc.
7. Issue and respond to all formal correspondences related to BIM activities
8. Plan, manage and document workshops and meetings
9. Develop and support proposal leads in Request for Proposals (RFP) e.g. clarifications, technical write ups, level-of-effort estimates
10. Evaluate and manage the deployment (hardware and software) and provide hands-on BIM software training for project teams including landscape architects, architects, master planners, and engineers.
11. Explore new technologies (both hardware and software) to expand Parson's services, improve the quality of 3D technical documentation and visualizations and increase efficiency. This is likely to include new modeling programs and rendering engines, pipelines and assets, as well as emerging trends such as virtual reality.
12. Support the setup, development, configuration, establishment of the Common Data Environment (CDE) for the department, studio and project use.
13. Develop and maintain specific BIM software template files to assure compliance with established standards including external accreditation according to internationally accepted norms.
14. Manage and support object(s) creation and oversee maintenance of libraries according to the relevant project(s) and stage(s) needs.
15. Develop and enforce BIM documentation and workflow process standards
16. Develop and automate routines in BIM to support standards, quality and productivity
17. Develop BIM specification(s) documentation and support integration with Tender(s) as required.
18. Develop, monitor, coordinate and report on the Pre- Post contract BIM Execution Plan, Task and Master Information Delivery Plan (TIDP and MIDP) for Design delivery.
19. Manage, support and validate project design delivery e.g. modeling, detailing, scheduling and extraction.
20. Manage and ensure Project Information Models (PIM’s) are delivered in accordance with the agreed TIDP, MIDP and CDE protocol.
21. Develop the process, perform, measure and ensure the highest quality for all BIM package submissions in accordance with project standards and requirements.
22. Review, monitor and report on the development of clash interference and fully coordinated models with Design Leads for resolution and closure.
23. Develop, monitor and facilitate the use of models for Construction Design Management (CDM) activities.
24. Collaborate and coordinate with the Project delivery team on design changes and model changes
25. Monitor and support the data collection process and validate models for Construction Operation Building Information Exchange (COBie) for the Design stage data drop(s) as required.
26. Prepare validation reports for milestone BIM package submissions
27. Validate and export model geometry and data to schedules for internal design and commercial activities
28. Support the Quality department during conducting audits and supply chain non-conformance(s)
29. Support the Contracts and Project Controls department in BIM-related activities.
30. Coordinate and support planning activities with proposed 4D constructability sequencing model(s) for design and monitor progress reporting for Construction Supervision stage.
31. Monitor the development and facilitate the use of models for Health and Safety activities.
32. Monitor and support utilisation of software applications augmenting model use during construction and handover stages.
33. Perform quality checks and report deviations of construction installation with the design intent models
34. Monitor and validate testing and commissioning data in models
35. Monitor, perform quality checks and report on the quality of as-built models
36. Monitor and validate the Asset Information Models tagging with all related project documents e.g. the H&S file(s) and O&M Manual(s) etc.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Free zone sharjah Dubai UAE
Digital Design Manager/BIM specialist -Landscape - Parsons International Limited jobs
apply via : Apply